Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future
The Public Affairs Section is pleased to announce an exchange program opportunity, the 2018 Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program<http://asiafoundation.
The program is a dynamic and multifaceted learning program designed for highly talented Asian individuals, under age 40, to enhance their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure. The program reflects the Foundation’s six-decade tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders. The 2018 program will consist of two intensive modules, including two weeks in Asia (April 14 – 29, 2018) and another two weeks in the United States (September 16 – October 1, 2018), allowing Fellows to stay in their current occupations during the Fellowship year.
The Development Fellows program reflects The Asia Foundation’s six-decade tradition<http://asiafoundatio
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
* Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise<http://asiafoundatio
* Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
* Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2018;
* Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
* Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
* Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
The call for applications will close on Nov. 20, 2017, with selection results to be announced in January 2018. Learn more about the program and application guidelines here<http://asiafoundation.org
We would be grateful if you would share this announcement widely with your contacts. Please direct any questions to the Asia Foundation Development Fellows staff at development.fellows@asiafounda